Magda

Brilliant...   I  love what you are doing...  I am sort of envious as there
are so many wonderful issues to research that I did not think of when I did
my doctoral work..

Anyhow...   on to your topic...

there was a time when I was not a believer of  OLPC... yet I am enlightened
now after viewing OLPC from an education perspective.

you ask for opinions...   yes it is an amazing initiative...  there have
been various computer projects that have brought to light the need for low
power devices that are appropriate for emerging markets, yet it is probably
OLPC that has opened more disruptive discussion on deployment in the largely
ignored segment of those who cannot afford mainstream technology at
developed world prices.

Yet the real importance is that OLPC is not about the technology... sure  it
brings amazing technology to light... but lift the sheets and you will see
it is about changing the way we teach and learn...  in my personal opinion
it is about thinking out of the box, a realization that if one learns how to
learn they need not depend on schools...  if deployed correctly it can give
kids a tool that will excite them in their exploration of the world around
them - opening up new paths to creative inquiry where encouraging their
community to take rethink traditional rote learning of pre-digested approved
curriculum.

I suggest seeing OLPC in action in a remote/rural or  disadvantaged
community...   the greatest change will be visible where few options for
decent quality schooling are present.

best of luck on your study...   hope you will regularly report back to us...

Cheers
Tim

__________________________________
John "Tim"  Denny, Ph.D.
  Advisor- International Development, Education  and ICT
  Executive Director, PC4peace http://www.pc4peace.org
  Advisory Board, Masters of Development Studies -RUPP
  International Journal of Multicultural Education, Electronic Green Journal
  http://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/drjtdenny
 Join Cambodia Joomla! Users group - http://groups.google.com/jugcam

"The diligent farmer plants trees of which he himself will never see the
fruit." Cicero (106-43 BCE)

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Magda Pischetola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]