On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 01:52:21 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
If we implement a way of "hiding" implementation details that *allows* CTFE and templates (and thus one up the C++ situation), this will create a stronger incentive for D adoption. It doesn't matter if it's not hard
to "unhide" the implementation;

Yes, it does, because we would be lying if we were pretending this was an effective solution.

If you can hide the implementation details for other reasons, then no such claim need to be made at all, in fact you can explicitly warn people that the code is not really hidden should they think otherwise.

Your suggestion concerning the use of zip files is a good idea, although you mention the encryption algo is very weak, but is there any reason to use a weak encryption algo, and is there even a reason to bother maintaining compatibility with the common zip format? I would expect that there other compression formats that could be used.

--rt