On Thursday, 20 December 2012 at 05:32:30 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>On Wednesday, 19 December 2012 at 23:05:59 UTC, deadalnix >wrote:
>
>>master : used as a base for development. New feature are >>merged
>>here.
>>staging : used to provide a view of what the next version >>will
>>look like. Regular snapshot of that branch are made so public
>>can use the last features.
>>version : used to contain a version that will have a support >>for
>>an extended period of time.

In my mind, after a release, the contents of staging are updated to be exactly the same as master. This can be done either via a merge, or simply deleting the current staging and making a new one by branching
from master.

I can get behind this.

deadalnix, can we please go back to calling "version" as "release" that is what it is and what everyone else uses I don't see a need make a new name because you see "release" as something different.