On 21.12.2012 08:02, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/20/2012 10:05 PM, deadalnix wrote:
No you explained that java's bytecode doesn't solve that problem.
Which is quite
different.

I did, but obviously you did not find that satisfactory. Let me put it
this way:

Design a bytecode format, and present it here, that is CTFEable and is
not able to be automatically decompiled.

Sorry, can't resist: How about feeding the x86 machine byte code (including some fixup information) into an interpreter? Maybe not realistic, but a data point in the field of possible "byte codes". The interpreter might even enjoy hardware support ;-)

That might not cover all possible architectures, but if the distributed library is compiled for one platform only, CTFEing against another won't make much sense anyway.