On 12/3/13, 3:32 PM, Nick wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 14:26:07 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
    Betas will be released four weeks after an official release. The
intent is to afford a thorough review of all features introduced since
the last official release and allot ample time to remedy any resulting
regressions.

    Release candidates will follow naturally from Betas two weeks
prior to an official release. Once a release candidate is published,
no new features will be added.

I don't understand the necessity of a beta release if it doesn't
guarantee anything with respect to the codebase. Wouldn't it make more
sense to have a "mid-release review" after 4 weeks where everyone
discusses the state of the release and the targets for the release
candidate? The release candidate seems to handle locking down the
addition of new features.

The beta release will the signify the end of new features for that particular release cycle. I was concerned about the same thing after posting this morning but was on my way out the door so could not address earlier.