On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 15:47:48 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-12-12 11:43, Manu wrote:
So, I'm a massive fan of music games. I'll shamefully admit that I was tragically addicted to Dance Dance Revolution about 10 years ago.
Recently, it's Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

I quite like the band ensemble games, they're good party games, and great rhythm practise that's actually applicable to real instrument
skills too.

I wouldn't agree with that, at least not for Guitar Hero. I had issues with the timing. When I played I tried to time the music, but that didn't work. Instead I had to time the screen to get any points.

As a lifelong musician this annoyed the hell out of me. The whole experience ends up like reading annoying flashy sheet music. Low latency is critical.