On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 08:27:11 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 08:23:39 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
This approach would mean that mailing list users would get an email every time someone upvotes something.

I don't think this will work very well in practice.

I'm not suggesting an upvote button. Hopefully it would work just like now, where people usually leave explanatory comments with their +1's.

Oh, sorry - somehow missed that part of your post.

Well, this suggestion carries the problem of turning "+1" into actual syntax recognized by some software and thus encouraging using them :) anyway, I thought the point of voting was to avoid +1 posts in the first place.