On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 11:08:00 UTC, ezneh wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 10:48:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[...]

Well, I recently tried to get C++ working on windows (Trying to learn it too along with D).

I can say that unless you use Visual Studio, it is a real pain to make any other environment working on it. I can't understand _why_ there are different implementations of the C++ standard library and they are not compatible with every compiler. It's like if LDC, GDC and DMD had their own standard library and "peace out".

It was really a terrible experience. Thankfully, D is really much simpler to get working (if we don't use Visual Studio).

Windows without visual studio generally suck