On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 05:43:48 UTC, Manu wrote:
On 17 May 2017 at 00:51, Benro via Digitalmars-d < digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

[...]

4 Hours work. Discouraged and gave up after this.

Visual Studio proper is the only IDE that 'just works' well, VisualD is
very good.
MonoDevelop also has good 'just works' support last I checked, but
debugging is much better in Visual Studio.

I think the lack of clear signals about what works and what doesn't in the most easily reached places on the website, forums, wiki, etc. is probably as big a problem as is any of those things not working in the first place...?