On 08/22/2010 03:31 PM, retard wrote:
I'm just asking, why software like this should be written in buggy D if
production ready Java already executes fast enough? You must desire
absolute hard-core super mega performance to justify the use of D.

Assuming the question is not tendentious: The decision of choosing a language has quite a few more ingredients than speed of generated code and quality of implementation.

Another question is, why would anyone use D/Phobos for writing server
side XML intensive applications if Java is so much faster? Fixing the
libraries first tends to be bad for productivity. If I had to choose
between a production ready Java XML library and something half-baked for
D, my boss would treat me as lunatic if I told him to first wait N months
to bring the half-baked amateur library on par with Java and only after
that write the code in this language that no other company uses anywhere.
I'd need to work on free time to make this a reality.

Again, speed is not the only issue.

Anyway, clearly Phobos' xml library is in serious need for a revamp.