"Nick Sabalausky" <a@a.a> wrote in message
news:j51ef3$2a0d$1...@digitalmars.com...
> "Xavier" <x...@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I think the public schools are "teaching" "how to be a sheeple". What
>> other reason could there be?
>
> Although I probably have about zero business sense, I absolutely agree
> on this part of what you said.
>
> At one point, I went to Bowling Green State University, well known to
> be an "accept anyone and everyone even if we don't have enough room"
> party school. Most of the students there generally thought for
> themselves (even if most of them weren't particularly bright.)
>
> Then I transfered to John Carroll University: a private school that,
> well, it's no Ivy-league, but it's fairly well-regarded, at least
> around the Cleveland area. Unlike BGSU, JCU is known to be fairly
> selective. But the vast majority of JCU students were complete mindless
> sheep. I'm being completely honest when I say it was actually somewhat
> disturbing how sheep-like they were. Of course, they were also just as
> dumb as the BGSU students, but unlike BGSU, most of them were uppity,
> conceited and had a noticeable tendency to mistake slogan and lecture
> regurgitation for intelligence, ability and independent thought.
>
> Conclusion: High schools specifically cultivate sheeple, which is a
> quality preferred by "respectable" colleges.
>
> I couldn't begin to speculate on why it's this way, or whether or not
> it's intentional by anyone who's still around. But whatever the reason,
> that's definitely how things are.

The most surprising thing to me is that it seems to work! It could be
that most people simply are not very smart from the get go so they
believe everything they read and are told and trust anyone and everyone.
That's not it. (Well at first it may be, but surely at some point one
becomes able to discern information of value from BS). It's not an
intelligence thing. It's something else. I think I know what it is, but
this is not the place to get into it. I do think that some of it shows
thru a little in some of my posts. Then again, maybe the fat blonde bimbo
is skinny now and I'm still stupid. Nah, that's not it. Certainly not.