"Peter Alexander" <peter.alexander...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:j50frj$m2k$1...@digitalmars.com...
>I recently stumbled across this (old) blog post:
>http://prog21.dadgum.com/13.html
>
> In summary, the author asks if you were offered $100,000,000 for some big
> software project, would you use your pet programming language?
>
> This is interesting, because if we answer "no" then it forces us to think
> about the reasons why we would *not* use D, and perhaps those concerns are
> what we should be focusing on?

As long as D *could* be used (ie, I had my choice of language, and there was
no requirement of ARM, JVM, in-browser scripting/applet, or shared hosting
without native-compiled custom CGI support, etc), then the more critical the
project was, and the more money involved, the more I would *insist* on using
D.