On 16/09/11 11:23 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Peter Alexander"<peter.alexander...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
I recently stumbled across this (old) blog post:
http://prog21.dadgum.com/13.html

In summary, the author asks if you were offered $100,000,000 for some big
software project, would you use your pet programming language?

This is interesting, because if we answer "no" then it forces us to think
about the reasons why we would *not* use D, and perhaps those concerns are
what we should be focusing on?

As long as D *could* be used (ie, I had my choice of language, and there was
no requirement of ARM, JVM, in-browser scripting/applet, or shared hosting
without native-compiled custom CGI support, etc), then the more critical the
project was, and the more money involved, the more I would *insist* on using
D.

You don't know up front whether or not an ARM port will be required. The requirements are subject to change like any real project, although not excessively so (as he says in the post).