On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 19:54:48 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
MIT's *much* easier to understand though. Boost has some real goofy, obfuscated wordings. Although it's *worlds* better in that regard than the completely impenatrable GPL or Creative Commons.

Comparing http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT and http://opensource.org/licenses/bsl1.0.html, I would not conclude that Boost is more difficult to understand.

My favorite license, zlib ( http://www.opensource.org/licenses/Zlib ) doesn't have this #2 issue, and it's even easier to read and understand than
MIT.

Plus it doesn't say anything like "to any person", so it should take care of #1, too. (Although personally, I think I like MIT better in that regard: It's a deterrent against corporations, which gives it a little bit of the
benefit of the GPL, but without all the bullshit.)

Here I do not agree either. Assuming that we would *want* such "benefit", MIT does not provide it.

As for zlib, it is very different from MIT/Boost, thus it is difficult to compare them (for non-lawyers).

License is a tool, and its up to SDC authors to select one. I just wanted to provide some information so that another option (Boost) is considered.