I just had my first experience with ALE in the last couple of days.  Before
ALE my station could operate on 40 through 10 meters.  I have an ICOM
746pro, and a 1/2 sized G5RV.  I have been using sound card modes for a few
years, so I already had a soundcard interface and the necessary rig
control.  I added PCALE to my software collection, and after a little
dittling with com ports, I am up and running on ALE.  Bonnie KQ6QA and I
had a short DBM ARQ contact.  She helped me out with my first contact.  I
will be monitoring the ALE channels to find more activity.  I think many of
you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Read the documenation, then
make comments about ALE operation.  BTW my station still operates 40
through 10, so nothing has really changed accept the addition of PCALE.

73,

Mark N5RFX