>I'm not a lawyer either, Walt, but the 300 baud symbol rate
>limitation from §97.305(c)(3) below applies to "a RTTY or data
>emission", not the individual components of that emission IMHO.

I am not a lawyer either, but since the Walsh FEC code is 64 bits, the
character rate is the same as the symbol rate.  This means that each
character is spread over all 64 tones.  The symbol for each character is
the entire waveform.  The symbol rate is 10 baud for the entire waveform
and this meets the requirements of §97.305(c)(3).

I don't think the regulators really care however.

73,

Mark N5RFX