>>>AA6YQ comments below

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Champa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Unless you have had the "opportunity" to lead such an effort, it
is you who should "knock it off".

>>>That's wrong, John. A leader must not only accept, but actively
solicit critique from everywhere, not just from others who have taken
leadership roles. And he or she must do so non-defensively.

Obviously you have never stepped into the heat.

>>>On what basis could you possibly reach this conclusion?

Lack the courage to lead, Rick?

>>>Leadership involves a lot more than bravado and lame attempts at
intimidation, John.

So you too are writing from a non-experienced position, non-
leadership situation, just like my old friend Bruce?

>>>Jumping to conclusions is a bad idea no matter what the
circumstances.

Putting up with nit picking, barracks lawyers like Bruce and his ilk
of ill-informed narrow-minded Hams for four years is what made me
bitter about many Hams.

>>>Rather than blame the audience, you might instead consider how you
might have been more effective in framing your position. Yes, there
are some unreasonable, close-minded people in the world -- but they
are a distinct minority. If you can't get the majority excited about
your idea(s), the fault generally lies in your articulation. Yes,
there are well-known exceptions, but your contributions to this
thread makes clear that this isn't one of them.

I used to be a nice guy too! But I love this avocation.  It's  our
frequent refusal as a group to adapt and  our anti-progressive head
in the sand approach, almost (almost! HI) makes our dinosaurs' fate
deserving.

>>>More blaming the audience. So easy, but so wrong...

See how quickly Bruce labels those who are trying to look ahead as
"elitists"! He's afraid of change. And, I can't take his fear away.
And, if he won't read and try to comprehend, well, I have only so
much time to try to help him  catch up.  I have my own keeping up ti
take care of, ya know (HI) ?

>>>If you are unable to overcome this trivial little misunderstanding
over band utilization without resorting to elementary school tactics,
then I'd suggest you do some "keeping up" in the areas of leadership,
influence, and persuasion.

Like they say down here in  TX, you can lead a horse to water, but...

>>>While appropriate for horses, its a big cop-out when it comes to
people. If you can't persuade a thirsty man to drink, its time for
some serious retooling...

    73,

         Dave, AA6YQ