I work for the Sheriff office radio shop and we got
RID of all low band in the 1970s
Thoes who were here 35 years ago tell me SKIP KILLED
our officers radios and when the band was open they
resorted to using THE PHONE ....
NO AGENCY IN CENTRAL FL is on low band anymore even
the highway patrol has moved off of it.

This place is  PODUNK USA  to most so our department
should be on CB but its not. I take care of 2100
radios on 460 MHz and the other shop does the same on
2,000 radios on 800 MHz trunking.

I have not seen anything in any APSO books showing a
intrest in going back to Low band.

With 54-216 mhz being up for sale there will bew lots
of space for use in the south west far more that 4
megs we have now.

Bruce

--- Walt DuBose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> bruce mallon wrote:
> >

> > Bonnie
> >
> > NO ONE IS AFTER 6 METERS
>
> Seriously...you think not?  Open it to
> commercial/industrial/law enforcement
> under shat is it Part 90? and see how fast and how
> many Motorola sells 100 watt
> radios to businesses and law enforcement.
>
> Perhaps not in NYC...but in the SW portion of the
> U.S., VHF low-band is prime
> frequencies where repeaters and many tall towers
> don't exist.
>
> Walt/K5YFW
>

> > 100 khz wide is now legal abovee 219 so you have
> lots
> > of room. You have never been on 6 or you have a
> junk
> > station since this is the bottom of the cycle and
> 10
> > is not open either so lets take it too.... lets
> not
> > forget 15, 12 and CB on one on them either
> >
> > EVEN if you got 6 how would you save it with your
> 12
> > stations ? .... and kick off thousands of others
> to do
> > it.
> >
> > GET REAL ..... 6 is not going anywhere.

> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in
> alternative vehicles.
> > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
> > http://autos. yahoo.com/ green_center/
> > <http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/>