There are bridges that allow direct logging from MixW and DM780 to
DXKeeper. MultiPSK interoperates directly with DXLab without the need
for a bridge application, and works with SpotCollector as well as
with DXKeeper and Commander.

   73,

     Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> The reason that many of us use Multipsk is because it really is the
only
> available program of its kind. No other program has all those modes
> available in one program at any price. In addition, some of the
modes
> are specific to Multipsk and not available anywhere else. So if you
want
> to use these modes, you must use Multipsk even if there might be
other
> things about the program that you dislike. This is particularly
true of
> the FAE modes, the RSID system, and the constant development by
Patrick.
> No other developer has invented so many modes or tweaked existing
modes.

> Otherwise, it really is a Fords vs Chevy thing (as we might say
here in
> the U.S.:)  But even there, the answer is very easy as Chevy's are
> almost always better:)
>
> As time goes on, there will be more choices. The Ham Radio Deluxe
> Program, which used to be limited to a PSK31 module, now has a full
> blown digital add on (Digital Master 780) which is superior from an
> interface and operational standpoint even when compared to programs
that
> cost money. It does seem to require some substantial computer power.
>
> The flDigi (Linux) and VBDigi (Windows) programs along with flarq
> make up the NBEMS system has seen the addition of many of the most
> commonly used modes and I can recommend this package.
>
> If you are a DXer or contester, you may want to stay with one
program
> and really become proficient with its use. The issue of logging is
also
> a concern since having many different programs and combining logs
is not
> that easy. Multipsk has another feature that provides
interoperability
> with DXLab DX Keeper logging module, via the DXLab Commander
module. For
> those who use the ARRL LoTW this is likely important as I am not
sure
> how many other digital programs can do this.
>
>  From a personal perspective, my long term goal is to move at least
some
> of my computing to Linux, not so much because I like Linux, but
because
> MS has made so many bad decisions with their current OS and the
> explosive situation that is going to continue happening in
developing
> countries and other countires outside the U.S. with Linux adoption.
>
> While I have not really considered reloading the Vista OS again
using
> the vLite program, (Vista is the easiest OS I have ever reloaded),
I am
> impressed that some of the top programming people at Microsoft have
> admitted that Vista is bloated and Windows 7 is planned to have a
very
> big change in drastically slimming down. It appears that they will
ask,
> or are already asking programmers to think differently and use a
> stripped down version of the new OS. However, this new OS is not
planned
> until 2010 so that likely really means 2015 or beyond.
>
> Because the world is moving toward free and open software,
including the
> OS, Linux or something evolving from it is very likely in the long
term.
> That means that if you move some of your applications to the new
OS, and
> the programs you now use can not follow as native mode
applications, you
> must move to new ones. That is why almost all the programs my wife
and I
> use have moved or are moving toward open source/cross platform as
much
> as we can. We are probably too old really to be overly concerned,
but
> may we have another 10 or 20 years, you never know.
>
> The two stumbling blocks for me
>
> - the much better visual rendering that Vista does on my equipment,
> which is slightly better than XP and much better than Linux at this
time.

> - the access to ham radio programs that are only available on MS
Windows
> at this time.
>
> So for now I am going to primarily use the programs that have the
modes
> I want to use, or can legally use. If they become available on
Linux as