To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:27:50 -0800
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] MARS WinLink in Tennessee Storms

What I found even more
interesting than the article on QRZ was the comments on it.  To a "T"
everyone commented that it was good that WINLINK2000 was now being used on MARS
freqs instead of the amateur bands.

Not having much experience
with Pactor and WL2K, I wasn't aware that there were bandwidth issues
associated
with the WL2K system.

Is this as big an issue as
it appears to be?

I'm personally more
concerned with the expensive proprietary nature of the Pactor modes and the
standardization on it by the WL2K proponents.

Any
comments??

Jeff Moore
KE7ACY