Rick,

Do you really mean that anyone should be able to use whatever they
want?  Are you really suggesting that fast scan, wideband TV should be
allowed on 20 meters?  What about wideband FM?

Seems to me that bandwidth and co channel interference need to be
restricted, otherwise we will have chaos and the bands will be useless
to all except those running max power with big antennas.

Ken WA8JXM

Rick wrote:
>  From my perspective, any group should be allowed to use whatever
> equipment they want on the ham bands, provided that they ID so that
> anyone can determine who they are, and that they are not obscuring the
> information and it can at least be monitored by anyone with similar
> equipment. Winlink 2000 does have some problems with respect to those
> perspectives of mine (and probably most hams).
>
> 73,

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Check our other Yahoo Groups....

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional