Is it just possible that there is not that much interest in the mode? I
did download the software yesterday and tried setting it up but I was
not able to get the RTS line keying the rig. I was able to listen to the
tones and it does appear to be DTMF tones.

The question is ... why have yet another mode, unless it has some new
capabilities over what we already have? I think that some of us are
getting a bit concerned that the Tower of Babel is getting larger and
larger, and the result is not necessarily better digital communications,
but just more separate communications which reduces our interoperability.

Would it not be better to use this tremendous energy and knowledge to
further the radio art and develop low cost technologies that work better
and faster and most importantly, adaptable to conditions?

If some feel that I am being unfair, then could you please explain what
the advantages are of this mode over previous modes?