> But this model doesn't work for the REP / REQ in Figure 2
> "Request-Reply". I would expect the ZMQ REQ to be a GR sink but instead
> if is a source; likewise, I'd expect the ZMQ REP to be a GR source & it
> is instead a sink.
>
> The internal coding is consistent with the external naming; I just
> question whether the naming was swapped. Am I missing something? - MLD

Basically it's coded so that you REQuest some samples from a server.

So the REQ is the source (it sends a request for data and gets back
some samples that are fed to GR).
And REP obviously then has to be a sink since it waits for a REQuest
and when it gets one, sends some data out of GR in the REPlies.

Cheers,

   Sylvain