Hi,

i'm working on a solution. Check my first try:
http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel-dev/example_static_horizontal.html

You can pass callback functions (much like button state handlers) that are
called if an item changes its state
(becomes first, becomes last, becomes visible).

That is just a first try, so don't look too deeply through code ;)
I'll let you know when it's ready for use...

Cheers, Jan