people with degrees CAN be the equivalent of those kids that have really
expensive music equipment but couldn't play anything worth listening too if
their life depended on it.

in my proven work experience the most valuable players never had a a formal
education. the ones that do like to debate more than they like to get things
done. i always get this your should go to school remark and I'm really not
all that impressed...

it's all relative...