Yep I totally agree. That would be awesome! We're suffering from massive spec fatigue with different flavors for the different teams, etc. Having a "blessed" format would be helpful on many levels!

Also as part of that perhaps achieving some coherence on best practices to review, update, disseminate such specs with non-design partners (like QA, dev, back-end, etc.). Not to mention primer lessons for those folks to read and interpret UI specs, setting their expectations on level of detail, type of content, etc.

Anyway, count me in...

Uday Gajendar
Sr. Interaction Designer
Voice Technology Group