Hi James,

> We are told so many times not to use us for our designs, ourselves, or our
> mothers as the target for a design. But surely this is better than something
> that is purely fictional.
Persona is/should be based on user research data underneath (at least
for design). This is defined from early practitioners like Alan Cooper
(and he proved why the instantiation of persona should based on
concrete user research in his books). To say it's fictional, one may
miss the point of persona usage for design .

Regards,
Jarod

--
http://designforuse.blogspot.com/