Hi
The biggest problem I've found with personas comes when they haven't been
explained fully to a client - for example a stakeholder has been forwarded
the persona document, and they see the personas as representing a
demographic rather than a segmentation based on likely user tasks.

I guess it's probably inevitable that the designer makes some assumptions
based on the persona, but hopefully these assumptions lean more towards
informed decisions if the persona has been well researched!

All the best
Sam

www.pixelthread.co.uk