I find some issue with this argument. Re-applying solutions to new problems is not ideal. It goes to one of my pet peeves... applying solutions from books, that may or may not have a similar context or problem. I see MBA's and business owners reading books like 'Good to Great' and then enthusiastically applying said recipe to their company. The same goes with using tertiary research... proceed with caution and even skepticism.

I am one of the first to talk about wasting time with eye tracking. The Cog-science folks have already gathered most of the important data and knowledge from those kinds of studies. But applying learnings from instance specific research to similar but not exactly the same context is dangerous.

Mark