Jennifer, the recent Charlie Rose interview of Marissa Mayer (as she heads
UX across the entire organization, no?) really solidifies that perception.

I've also interviewed folks from Earth and other non-search props that
confirm this. Even the work in Mobile including Android is beyond
uninspiring.

As to your point about risk taking in search. I'm not sure why that point
had to be made. No one so far was suggesting that Google search should be
anything other than what it is. It's success is beyond.

The use of themes in Gmail was a brilliant addition as well. THANK G-D!! (I
wish they worked equally well across all the labs and extensions that I
have)

Ya know, Mozilla has a design labs that are pushing he envelope of designs
place in their organization. It would be realy interesting given Google's
size to let loose a lab that is design centric in its approach ala IDEO < >
R/GA (design thinking to story telling) and see what comes from it.

-- dave

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Jenifer Tidwell <jenifer.tidw...@gmail.com

--
Dave Malouf