Hi Richard,

I always start with sketching - couple of days ago I wrote a blog post about my sketching before wireframing process here:
Shades of Gray: Thoughts on Sketching
http://tinyurl.com/ylpp4t8

Or
The Right Way to Wireframe video I made for the IxD10 conference workshop.
http://tinyurl.com/yzm96ru

Cheers,

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | Director, Experience Design
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | w...@semanticfoundry.com
http://blog.semanticfoundry.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/semanticwill
aim: semanticwill