Sketches - yes, the beginning of your product development process. I
use paper and pencil to sketch and work out the flow and design of
the product. This helps me and my development team immensely to
achieve what is expected from them and what the final product is to
be like. After sketches, I do use InDesign for a basic flow to
portray it with a must cleaner look. This again puts things in a
better perspective and the issues that were raised while doing the
sketches are then eliminated. It is seldom that I would use wire
framing softwares like Axure. Softwares like Axure can be used for
complex products. Due to the rapid development process, I rarely use
paper prototypes.