On 11/8/23 13:28, Robert Varga wrote:

[snip]

Okay, so I must be remembering things wrong. When did:
- the upgrade to 3.7.2 happen?

Looks like July 30, 2023

- when were these configuration changes done?

The changes to use submit requirements were made on on the 7th, the day I sent the initial email.

Also, quoting https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/3.7.2/user-review-ui.html#reply :

If a user can approve a label that is still required, a quick approve button appears in the change header that allows to add this missing approval by a single click. The quick approve button only appears if there is a single label that is still required and can be approved by the user.

E.g. if a change requires approvals on the 'Code-Review' and the 'Verified' labels, and there is already a '+1 Verified' vote, then if the user is allowed to vote the max score on 'Code-Review', a Code-Review+2 quick approve button appears that approves the 'Code-Review' label if clicked.

Using the quick approve button also publishes all inline draft comments; a summary comment is only added if the reply popup panel is open when the quick approve button is clicked.

This is broken by the migration, as reported here: https://issues.gerritcodereview.com/issues/40015609

Can we go back to the old config, where things worked, until we are really forced to migrate away, please?

Unfortunately, the migration to submit-requirements is a one way street as the prior features are deprecated and a code block (as linked to in one of the later comments on the change you linked to) was put in place to disallow going back to the old configuration. The old requirements system is expected to go away in Gerrit 3.9 which is supposed to be released in a few weeks. When it does get released we will need to upgrade as 3.7 (the series we're currently on) will be out of support.

Why you would have still had the option in the I don't know. You can (sort of) get the same functionality by hovering over the Code-Review label in the Submit Requirements section. I believe you should see the button there. If so, that will save you a few clicks.

Nope, this does not work until after I have Reply'd to the change before -- and therefore am added implicitly as a reviewer (although not listed in Reviewers).

:( Well, that sucks.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Senior Manager, Release Engineering

NOTICE: The Linux Foundation supports their employees with flexible work
hours. If you recieve mail from me outside of standard business hours
please be aware that I do not expect a response until the next standard
business day.