liffy99;331420 Wrote:
> Think I follow that CliveB, but take the following;
> 1 track is recorded with peaks at full volume. 0db (there may be
> clipping that was introduced in the mastering process which we are
> powerless to correct).
> 2nd track peaks at -4db.
> So whu can't track 2 be amplified (normalised ?) to reach 0db peaks ?
>
> Talking of normalising - is this a good thing to do when ripping ?
>
> Many thanks
If I understand you the reason is you want the differences between
tracks to remain as intended.  Some tracks are soft and some are loud,
that it why you want album gain when listening to an album as it
maintains the original differences in the tracks.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality