Since you already have an iPod check this out:

http://www.redwineaudio.com/iMod.html

Vinnie modded my Photo iPod man what a difference it made. I use it
mainly in the car. Compared to stock it's night and day. It's also so
much better than my car CD player [Kenwood excelon with burr brown
DAC's]  Voices are clearer, bass is tigher and just the overall sound
is so much better. Read some reviews and decide if it's worth it to
you. If you are after better sound you can not go wrong. And Vinnie
does great work. Oh and I also run the Rockbox firmware :)

--
m_l