>Okay, I got MIP installed and running headless. I don't know why it is
>saying it has to validate 12,678 tracks when I had archived analysis
>when I used it before. I know those aren't all newly added songs since
>I last used it. Or is validation different from analysis?

No, it's the same thing.  I guess that if you have analysis tags in your files
(you could check if the tags are present via Mp3Tag), then a fresh install and
scan would still need to analyse the files, but it should be faster (just read
the info from tags, rather than scan the music content).

It may take some time over the first few if these are newer items without
analysis tags, and then go faster when it finds your older tracks?

Phil