Thanks for all the great explanations. I think I have it pretty much
under control now... just waiting for validation.

After I did the custom scan export, I switched to the headless Web UI
to resume validation. But there it reports around 2,000 more tracks
requiring validation compared to the MIP GUI. Wonder why?

Another discrepancy is SC reports my total songs as one more than MIP,
but I'm not going to worry about a difference of 1.

If I set the desktop program to watch the same music folder that SC
watches, will that have no effect on the headless server?

--
MeSue

Sue
http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue