pippin;354567 Wrote:
> You do realize, that there is also the iPod touch, don't you?
> From the feedback I get on iPeng I believe there are more people using
> that one than the actual iPhone as a remote control.
> And it can still play music, and let's you browse the internet in
> bed...

My argument was mostly related to the iPhone/Smartphone. I know that
the iPod Touch has WiFi which narrows its use to home WiFi networks and
to WiFi hotspots. iPhones and Smartphones with 3G widens the area of
coverage where one can use them as streamed media "players"... not
necessarely as "remotes". Using 3G somewhat reduces battery drain as I
compare it to the current generation of WiFi chipsets in our phones.

--
tamanaco