tamanaco;354250 Wrote:
> What I would like to see in the future from SD/Logitech is SqueezePlay
> ported for use in Smartphones/iPhones, but as mobile "player" not
> necessarily as a home remote. (It can work as a remote if you sync it
> another player at home) With the current generation of 3G phones
> streaming media from the Internet in large metropolitan areas is a
> piece of cake. I currently use my Smartphone with PocketPlayer to
> stream internet radio stations either via AT&T 3G network or via WiFi.

I got the unlimited data plan for my Treo to give it a try.  I enjoyed
the heck out of it, it was amazing to listen to internet radio in the
car and such.

However, I was deeply disappointed in SqueezeCenter's capability to
serve music to the device.  I always came in from a different IP
address, so I was unable to set defaults for the stream.  As such, it
always came in as unlimited, choking the bandwidth immediately.  I
considered submitting a feature request that would let you specify the
desired stream rate in the url (i.e.
http://myserver:9000/stream.mp3?bitrate=96k) to surmount this, but in
the end decided to end my unlimited data trial.

Nonetheless, I think that Logitech is missing a real opportunity if
they don't release an iPhone app (not just a remote but also a player
to listen to your collection in the car) AND tweak stream.mp3's
functionality so that you can enjoy it more even without an app.

--
thing-fish

' Most Recent Tracks'
(http://www.last.fm/user/thing-fish/?chartstyle=basicrt10)