tamanaco;355346 Wrote:
> I am not one of those folks that can handle a touchscreen with one hand
> without looking at it. Having to use two hands to use my remote forces
> me to put down my beer. That's a no, no... after a long day. I have
> played with the Phillips Pronto and with the not too popular Harmony
> 1000.

Have you played with an iPhone on Touch though ? It sounds like you
haven't.

The good news is that for mainly list based apps, like the Squeezebox
apps are going to be, you only need one hand. You beer can stay safely
in your other hand.

The iPhone interface really is like no other remote, phone or mp3
player interface (though I haven't played with the HTC Touch stuff
much, which I imagine has borrowed some bits). You really can hold it
in onw hand and navigate with you thumb.

You only need to resort to s second hand when typing text, click on
links in webpages or if you want fine control of zooming in and out of
web pages and images.

I take your point in the lack of physical buttons for things like
volume and track skipping and I doubt the apps will be able to hijack
the iPhones own volume buttons unfortunately.

I know I sound like a complete Apple fanboy, but I'm not. I use the
best tool that I can find for the job in hand. For my servers that is
Linux, for my .net development machines that is Windows, for my and for
my phone/pda/quick web browser/games machine/portable mp3 player/emailer
that is the iPhone. When we have a native iPhone app I imagine it will
also take over most of my Squeezebox controlling tasks too.

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !