gweempose;354709 Wrote:
> I think you missed the point that David was making. Logitech has a
> unique opportunity on their hands to combine two of their existing
> products into an even more attractive offering. A Harmony remote with
> built-in Squeezebox control would be a very compelling product indeed.
> In fact, I've been saying that Logitech should do this since the day
> they bought Slim Devices. I happen to be a fan of URC remotes, but a
> Harmony/SBC combo would really have to make me think hard about my next
> remote purchase.

I subscribed to the Harmony Universal/Controller believers' club before
the Controller existed and Logitech came into the picture. Later, I even
remember asking if the Logitech Harmony developers could share some of
the  available code (device specific IR codes) with the Logitech/SD
developers to use with the Controller but was told that this was not
possible. I forgot the exact reason given, but I think it had to do
with these codes not being in the public domain. Given that the
Controller has an IR port that has yet to be exploited it seemed like a
natural next step. The lack of a keypad in the controller limits this
evolution... ergonomically at least.

--
tamanaco