JJZolx;354678 Wrote:
> The iPhone/Touch platform is one of the last areas where there's any
> significant 3rd party development activity for Squeezebox.  It would
> seem rather dumb for Logitech to develop their own application when
> developers in the community are willing to do so.

Logitech sells hardware, and so will focus development on things to
enhance market acceptance, improve the user experience and eliminate
problems. The biggest bang for the buck is realized from enhancements
and changes that affect the greatest number of people.

The iphone/touch platform is only one group of dozens of devices that
can be used over wifi to control SB music. Having a native application
is likely of interest to only a small percentage of its owners since
browser access is always available.

Logitech will act rationally as a business, which means that it would
pursue any reason business opportunity. My bet is that developing a
native app for i-devices is unlikely to be a significant opportunity.
And, having one is unlikely to sell a significant number of additional
boxes.

--
Goodsounds