peterw;354797 Wrote:
> From a business standpoint, this looks like a smart move for exactly one
> reason: offloading costs & risks to Apple. The Sonos controller is
> dated, big, clunky, and inferior to the Squeezebox Controller in pretty
> much every respect. Rather than do the hard work of making better
> hardware, they're leveraging Apple's design, manufacturing,
> distribution, marketing, etc. Smart, though it makes me wonder if Sonos
> is running out of ideas.

I think you're way out in left field if you think they've developed
that application simply so that they no longer have to develop and sell
their own controller.  They seem to have simply created an application
that enables customers to use a very nice interface on a very popular
gadget.

> Is this just a market test, to see if they can bail on making Rev 2
> hardware and just use iPod Touch devices? If it goes well, they'll
> start to flesh out the UI on this app?

Again, this strikes me as a really strange take on a simple software
release.

--
JJZolx

Jim