ob_kook;359061 Wrote:
> This is not a re-post of my other thread, but rather a continuation. I
> had done enough changes to my system that it just seemed to be more
> confusing to stay on that same thread. (Thanks Raven22 for your
> assistance on that thread)
>
> Problem - cannot get MIP Headless integrated correctly with SC, and as
> a result, cannot get Sugarcube working either.
>
> Description -
> System:
> * Intel dualCore box (home built) with Vista Ultimate.
> * RAID 5 comprised of 4x600GB SATA drives direct attached to the mobo
> * SC is running on a virtual machine hosted by the Vista O/S on WinXP
> * (For all intents and purposes, consider I am working with XP Pro SP2
> as a VM is exactly like a physical machine)
> * (Since the RAID5 is one the Vista O/S, it acts as a network share
> volume)
> * SC - Version: 7.3 - 23837 @ Fri Nov 7 03:08:40 PST 2008
> * MIP - v.1.8.1b, installed, analyzed, and working properly (can send
> mixes)
> * - Port is set to 10003, and API services disabled
> * MIP Headless - installed, set up according to Spicefly's guide,
> Spicefly's skin, and can create a test mix.
> * - MMM.ini file is configured with the proper libary path, and
> port is set to 10002.
> * Sugarcube - v1.7.1 configured according to Spicefly's guide
>
> OK, before this, I was on 7.2, and due to the incredibly long MIP
> import times, I decided to switch to 7.3 since the patch was integrated
> in that version.
>
> Before that time, I *did* get both MIP and Sugarcube working, but I had
> double entries in my library. After configuring all of the above,
> refreshing the MIP headless cache, and rescanning SC, I no longer have
> "M" in my library entries, and SugarCube simply stops or repeats a
> single song depending on what repeat setting I choose.
>
> I've gone through the threads by Model Citizen, SlimChance, OhPinchy
> and others, meticulously followed the SD Wiki, Spicefly's guide, and
> the MIP forums, but I am just plain stuck.
>
> I'm sure it is something I've overlooked or done incorrectly, because
> everything obviously works, but like proofreading your own writing, I
> can't spot the glaring mistake.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Kook

Must likely is the Port number setting. ie. you have SC set to talk via
10003 but the MIP headless is active on port 10002. (or vice versa)

When you press the create text mix button in the MIP headless, look at
the Port number in the URL string ie. http://localhost:1000x ???
Then make sure to use the 1000x everywhere in SC/Sugarcube etc.

If its not that, then it is likely firewall settings or AV blocking the
1000x port.

Additional tests you can do, is start the API in the MIP GUI settings
and see if SugarCube starts working.  Which would indicate whether that
Port is blocked by something.

I rolled back from 7.3 as I found it unstable and the new MIP patch
just chewed my library up, you might want to drop back to 7.2.1 and
just bite the bullet on long import times.

Good Luck

--
cparker

www.spicefly.com - Visit for an enhanced Interface for MusicIP and
integration tips and tricks, Plugin coding tips, Spicefly SugarCube the
MIP AutoDJ plugin and Spicefly Weather!