ob_kook;359061 Wrote:
> Problem - cannot get MIP Headless integrated correctly with SC, and as a
> result, cannot get Sugarcube working either.
>
> Description -
> System:
> * Intel dualCore box (home built) with Vista Ultimate.
> * RAID 5 comprised of 4x600GB SATA drives direct attached to the mobo
> * SC is running on a virtual machine hosted by the Vista O/S on WinXP
> * (For all intents and purposes, consider I am working with XP Pro SP2
> as a VM is exactly like a physical machine)
> * (Since the RAID5 is one the Vista O/S, it acts as a network share
> volume)
> * SC - Version: 7.3 - 23837 @ Fri Nov 7 03:08:40 PST 2008
> * MIP - v.1.8.1b, installed, analyzed, and working properly (can send
> mixes)
> * - Port is set to 10003, and API services disabled
> * MIP Headless - installed, set up according to Spicefly's guide,
> Spicefly's skin, and can create a test mix.
> * - MMM.ini file is configured with the proper libary path, and
> port is set to 10002.
> * Sugarcube - v1.7.1 configured according to Spicefly's guide
>
> After configuring all of the above, refreshing the MIP headless cache,
> and rescanning SC, I no longer have "M" in my library entries, and
> SugarCube simply stops or repeats a single song depending on what
> repeat setting I choose.
Kook - I have a similar problem - and a very similar set-up.

I have:

* Intel(R) Pentium (R)M 1.70GHz running on a Sony Viao with WindowsXP
Pro v. 2002(Service Pack 3);
* ReadyNAS external raid drive, with music folder mapped as G:\ network
drive
* SC - Version: 7.3 - installed 27 Nov
* MIP - v.1.8.1b, installed, analyzed, and working properly (can send
mixes)
* - GUI Port is set to 10003, and API services disabled
* MIP Headless - installed, set up according to Spicefly's guide,
Spicefly's skin, and can create a test mix.
* - MMM.ini file is configured with the proper libary path, and
port is set to 10002.
* Sugarcube - v1.7.1 configured according to Spicefly's guide

I have also found that, despite configuring MiP plugin to scan for only
mixable tracks:

either - if I leave the music path in the SC folder blank, it builds
the library from a MiP import - all of which do show the M logo - but
then my squeezebox cannot play any of the songs;
or - if I do specify a music path in the SC folder, then it builds the
library and can play the songs but none of them has the M logo.

So I would be interested to hear what solution you find too.  I have
sent a copy of this query to the support people and will let you know
what they say.

Wreford

--
wreford