Thank so much for your reply!

cparker;359179 Wrote:
> Must likely is the Port number setting. ie. you have SC set to talk via
> 10003 but the MIP headless is active on port 10002. (or vice versa)
>
> When you press the create text mix button in the MIP headless, look at
> the Port number in the URL string ie. http://localhost:1000x ???
> Then make sure to use the 1000x everywhere in SC/Sugarcube etc.

The test mix URL string shows 10002, and I confirmed that is also used
in the settings tab of both MIP, and Sugarcube as well as the mmm.ini
file.

> If its not that, then it is likely firewall settings or AV blocking the
> 1000x port.

I've opened port 10002 just in case.

So far, no luck with the above.

> Additional tests you can do, is start the API in the MIP GUI settings
> and see if SugarCube starts working.  Which would indicate whether that
> Port is blocked by something.

I started the API, and changed the Sugarcube settings to 10003 to match
the MIP GUI (I assume I should do that). Now I'll wait for about 9 hours
for a rescan.

(I'm going to create a small directory in order to speed up the
troubleshooting process by only having a hundred or so songs to scan.)

> I rolled back from 7.3 as I found it unstable and the new MIP patch just
> chewed my library up, you might want to drop back to 7.2.1 and just bite
> the bullet on long import times.
>
> Good Luck

I may take your advice. I won't mind the rescans as much after getting
this all sorted, so in the meantime a test database that is small
should make the imports bearable.

Thanks a LOT for your help!

--
ob_kook

SB2 --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII