Michael -the folder is on the NAS drive, and MiP is running as a service
(ie. in headless mode).

However, in the meantime, I have solved my problem and got it to work -
not sure if this helps you, kook, but here is my solution.

My music is stored on an external ReadyNAS raid drive in a folder
called FLAC FIles, which, in terms of UNC path, is at
\\Nas-01-13-59\media\Music\FLAC Files

However, for ease of access, I mapped the path in Windows to G:\

When adding music to library in MiP I had simply navigated to the FLAC
Files folder using the mapped G:\ drive.

Since SC would not recognise the G:\ drive, I had to use the UNC path
in the music folder.

This created a mis-match in the path names, hence the problem.

To solve it, I deleted the MiP cache, then re-added music to the MiP
library using the UNC path (navigating there through "My Network
Place/Microsoft Windows Network, etc.), and then re-rcanned/validated
the whole collection.

Having done that, I then made sure that I left the UNC path in the SC
music folder, set the MiP Plugin to only check for mixable tracks,
cleared the SC cache and re-scanned and, hey presto, the two paths
matched and MiP worked in SC (the little M logos appearing and playing
fine).

--
wreford