Pale Blue Ego;360839 Wrote:
> If you're going to have a "big screen" display for the SB4, then it
> might as well be a video streamer as well.  That would seem to be a
> different product than a future SB3 (SB4).
>
> If we're keeping the discussion strictly to improvements to the SB3
> music streamer, maybe ideas involving video outputs and touch screens
> should migrate to a new thread about a video Squeezebox.
>
> To get back to the potential SB3 replacement, I would favor either an
> incremental improvement of the existing form factor, or a full-width
> component with a wider VFD.  In either case (pun intended) I would want
> a horsepower boost in terms of CPU, on board memory, buffer, and DAC
> sound quality.

Yeah, thats pretty much it for me too, but i would also like to see a
connection for optional external wifi aerials for extended wireless
reach in future models too.

--
autopilot

*Lounge  :* Squeezebox Classic -> Cambridge Audio Azur 640a -> Mission
701's.
*Bedroom :* Squeezebox Receiver -> Trends TA10.1 Class-T -> Kef Cresta
1's
*Office  :* Softsqueeze -> Logitech Active 5.1's.
*Kitchen :* Squeezebox Boom -coming soon-
*Roaming : * Squeezebox Controller -> Logitech mm28 portable speakers /
Shure E2c's
*Controllers :* Squeezebox Controller x 2 + Logitech Harmony one
*Server  :* SC7.3b (Vista 64) + AlienBBC, iPlayer & MusicIP headless.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)