jazztime;362695 Wrote:
> I'm planning to buy some remote solution for my one Transporter and two
> Squeezeboxes setup. But I'm uncertain if I should buy the Controller or
> a iPod touch (or Iphone) with some of the iPeng, iSqueeze/Squeemote,
> Squidgy software. The Controller i 370$ and the iPod touch (8gb) is
> 270$ (I'm in Denmark). The large touch-screen on the touch looks very
> nice and it is cheaper, but:
> - how is speed / responsiveness?
> - what solution is more stable?
> - how is the life of the battery?
> - what solution is the most easy to scroll through artists / find an
> artist in a large music-collection?
> - what solution can be customised the most? (now and in the future)
> - can Custombrowse be used on the Itouch?
> - will there be any differences using iPeng, Squidgy on the touch
> compared to iPhone?
> - other important differences?
>
> I have read about the Controller and the iPeng, Squidgy in the forums
> but havn't found much/any comparisons. Any thoughts is welcome!

$370 for 1 controller, are you sure? that sounds very expensive, I
didn't pay that much for my Duet here in the UK.

I have 2 controllers and 1 iPhone and have been on the beta test for
iSqueeze (Squeemote).

To be honest I have been frustrated with the controllers, the wifi
reception is poor and they always seem to lose their connection to the
server. Also I find the wheel inferior to using the touchscreen.

Using my iPhone is a real joy, it's quick responsive and squeemote (and
I guess iPeng) is designed like the iPod player so is real easy to use.

Somethings are missing from Squeemote such as a random playlist option,
access to LastFM but I believe Luke has added (is adding?) these to the
final release. The application is also prone to crashing occasionally
but it doesn't take long to reload.

For me if those prices are correct it is a no brainer, the iTouch (or
iPhone) is definitely the way to go.

--
mattybain

'[image: