I'm finding the iPod Touchscreen perfect for browsing through albums &
artists.

If you had a small music library then the scroll wheel on the SBC would
be OK but it is unusable with a large collection - we went back to the
standard remote with it's number/alpha keys just because of this.
Having an "alphabet" scrollbar on the iPod touchscreen makes this very
easy to use.

The horizontal album cover display on the iPod looks OK but it doesn't
have an "alphabet" scrollbar so it is hard to navigate.

I think the combination of the standard remote (long battery life,
one-click for most functions) and an iPod Touch remote (easy
navigation, searching, visual display) is pretty compelling. I have two
controllers but I can't see them getting much use.

Regards, Steve.

--
Steve Agnew